Saturday 1 March 2014

Blue and Black Card

Hi All,

Hope you are all doing great.Its been three months since I posted on the blog, I had been crafting, but somehow did not participate in challenges.Ok, onto my new card that I created.Its a shabby chic card. I wanted to make this card, the moment I came to know about Izzy, wondering who Izzy is? She is the cutie image on the card. I bought this one from Di's Digistamps , you can find lots of cuties there. I have coloured her with Distress Inks, did a lot of selt training with colouring of DI's. Hope, I have improved, and yes lots to improve more on.Done some layering using pattern papers, using it after a long time.I have also added lace of which very little is seen, I wonder how shabby chic card designers so gracefully do this sytle. I feel one needs to have more patience in arranging them to achieve perfection.

Here is a pic of the full card,



Here is a pic of Izzy,




Supplies used:

1) Cardstock - White,Black - Local buy
2) Pattern paper - DCWV Pretty poisies collection, Echo Park - A Boy's life
3) Dies -  Marianne bird house, MFT Prima Donna Petals, Magnolia heart swirl
4) MS punches - MS Daisy lace punch, EK Success leaf
5) Pearls, lace & ribbon from stash
6) Washi tape to create the banner
7) Flowers from Nupur creatives
8) Distress Inks - Faded Jeans, Spun sugar, Vintage photo, Antique linen, Walnut stain, Peeled paint, Miled lavender
9) Sentiment is from TPC Studio Brush Stroke collection stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Entering this card to the below challenges:

Incy Wincy Designs - Birthday themed cards
The Shabby Tea Room - Use Washi Tape + Photo Inspiration - Created the banner using Washi
 A Creative Romance - Bingo - I chose Pearls, Glitter and Bow (Third row)
Itsy Bitsy - Say it with roses - Embellished with paper roses
Digistamps4Joy - Dies or punches - Used both

Hope you like my card, do share some love if you like it :)

Thank you.









Happy crafting,

4 comments:

  1. Durga this is sweet and very beautiful card.
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin



    ReplyDelete
  2. Its very beautiful card Durga..loved soft blue colors n lovely flowers too .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. The blu and black combination is so perfect. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge this week!
    Kaia, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly beautiful card, thank you for playing at {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by my blog and for the valuable comments :)