Wednesday 24 July 2013

New card

Hi All,

Here I am with a new card without much use of neutral colours. I started to make this using four colours by trying out some kind of weaving, but finally decided to use red and yellow as prime colours of the card.Onto, the card, the base card is a green shade but, looks like white,I have used a beautiful yellow Pattern paper from The Cafe Mediterranean ,DCWV stack for the background.The cute birdie is a digi and coloured with water colour pencils,with some minimal shading, added some Glossy Accents for some highlights.Embellished with some flowers using the MFT die and with pearls, I have gone crazy with pearls these days :)

Here is a pic of the full card,


Supplies used:

1) Cardstock - Green, Red - Fabriano
2) Pattern paper - The Cafe Mediterranean ,DCWV stack, Echo Park - Dots & Stripes collection
3) Ribbon - Key2Designs
4) Dies -  MFT Prima Donna petals, Magnolia Heart swirl, Spellbinders Lacy Circles
5) Tools - MS Doily lace
6) Sentiment is from Fiskars
7) Inks - Vintage photo Distress Ink, Memento Lady Bug
8) Pearls and Button are from my stash

Entering this card to the below challenges

Craft your passion - Birthday theme card
Lulupu challenges - Colour crush + Use a Die (I have used the green shade for my card base,some Brown for coloring the digi,Yellow and Red as prime colours of the card. I have used three dies)

Hope you like my card, do share some love if you like my card :)

Thank you.

Happy crafting,




 

7 comments:

  1. lovely card Durga...... love the lil birdie ther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Card Durga,

    Thanks for joining Lulupu challenge#14

    --
    Varshitha
    Lulupu's DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Card Durga,

    Thanks for joining Lulupu challenge#14

    --
    Varshitha
    Lulupu's DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the use of pearls. They look pretty and add a great shine. Sweet image on this card. I like how the bow and flowers frame it and draw the eye. The pops of red are also eye-catching. Thanks for joining our Happy Birthday challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a pretty card durga.. LOve your neat bow and sweet lil birdie :)

    Thanks for joining us at lulupu challenge #14 colour crush

    love
    pratiksha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable.I love the colours you have chosen.The flowers and pearls are very pretty additions.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card!! Like it very much! The border and the pearls gives a great touch!
    Thanks for joining us at The Lulupu Challenge #14 - colour crush!
    Ruthie DT - Lulupu

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by my blog and for the valuable comments :)